LaserLyte has just announced the expansion of its Side Mount Laser (SML) line to now offer a unit that fits nearly all Smith & Wesson J-frame revolvers including 637 and 642 models. The new and inventive SML is easily mounted underneath the rubber grip of the revolver and is the only laser system available that allows the customer to retain the factory grip and holster the firearm. The SML will also work with many popular aftermarket rubber grips such as Hogue or Pachmayr brands. Installation is simple using one of two included base plates. Sight-in is also simple with common X and Y adjustments. The SML’s activation switch is strategically placed at the back of the laser and is easily turned on by pressing the button on draw or when holstered. First press of the button produces constant on mode, second press produces pulse mode and the third press deactivates the laser. The SML also has a customer-requested auto-off feature that displays a unique flash after five minutes of operation and automatically turns the unit off after six minutes. The unit body is constructed from 380A die cast aluminum and the plates are made of 4130 hardened chromoly steel. The SML is powered by four 377 batteries that provide five hours of normal usage in constant on mode and ten hours in pulse mode. For more information, contact them at LaserLyte, Dept. SADJ, 101 Airpark Road, Cottonwood, AZ 86326. Phone: (928) 649-3201. Fax: (928) 649-3970. www.laserlyte.com.
Hot off The Press
- Hypersonic Weapons: Truths and Myths
- [Interesting Engineering] The Austin Aerospace ASP: An Aerial, Belt-Fed Machine Gun Prototype in .30 Carbine from the 80’s
- DSA & NATSEC Asia 2024: A Gathering of Global Defense and Security Leaders for a Secure Tomorrow
- Show Report: DSEi 2023 Announcements from KAC, PGZ, and more
- 40 years in 40mm: An Interview with ARDEC’s Recently Retired Projectile Designer Art Pizza