FAUN TRACKWAY TAKES COMPUTER BASED TRAINING TO ARMED FORCES AROUND THE WORLD
FAUN Trackway customers are now able to receive computer based training (CBT) for its products, allowing armed forces to remotely train personnel anywhere in the world.
Simulated and animated content has been integrated into e-learning courses, enabling trainees to understand and take on board the theoretical content of operating FAUN Trackway systems at their own pace.
The software can be used by students either ahead of the training course – for trainees to learn about the systems before they are faced with them in practical lessons – or afterwards as a revision tool.
This is especially useful for countries that experience extreme heat, where outdoor practical lessons should be focused and time limited, as well as being an efficient and engaging alternative to PowerPoint presentations.
The Danish Armed Forces have been the first to order this new technology as part of their most recent order of HGMS and MGMS-BD LITE.
Chris Kendall, CEO at FAUN Trackway, said: “This form of e-learning will become increasingly important for younger generations in armed forces around the world, who have grown up using technology above traditional learning tools. Our computer based technology will be taken to exhibitions around the world with our teams, to showcase the efficiencies it offers to our customers across the globe.
“As this is something that procurement decision-makers have been talking quite extensively about to FAUN Trackway recently, we think it’s going to be a major success.”
For further information, and to view FAUN Trackway’s computer based training in action, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wuQlR8rx2U
FAUN Trackway Limited’s head office in Llangefni, Anglesey, UK is the home of its manufacturing, engineering, sales and administration activates.
FAUN Trackway Limited is a division of FAUN Umwelttechnik GmbH – part of the KIRCHHOFF group.
The Kirchhoff group boasts world-wide manufacturing expertise, with offices and production facilities in Germany, France, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, UK, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Ireland, China, Portugal, Spain, Canada, USA, Mexico, and Austria.
FAUN Trackway USA, Inc is the sister company to FAUN Trackway Limited, with an office in Washington DC.
FAUN Trackway Limited has an extensive history of aluminium military product manufacturing, which it has been producing in Anglesey, North Wales for over 60 years. Trackway is used by over 40 different armed forces worldwide and is a longstanding engineering product of the British Army.
Portable roadway systems
• Heavy Ground Mobility System (HGMS) deploys, recovers, transports and stores up to 100m of MLC 70 roadway, which can withstand repeated loads of tracked and wheeled vehicles up to 70 tonnes (MLC 70). 50m is laid by two men in less than 6 minutes.
• Medium Ground Mobility System (MGMS) deploys, recovers, transports and stores up to 40m of MLC 30 roadway, which can withstand repeated loads of tracked and wheeled vehicles up to 30 tonnes (MLC 30). 40m is laid by two men in less than 6 minutes.
• Vehicle Recovery Mat (VRM) is deployed by hand to recover bogged down vehicles fast. It comprises two aluminium mats and is reusable.
• Rapid Runway Repair (RRR) consists of MLC 70 Trackway mats and patches that enable damaged runways to be repaired so that flying operations can be quickly resumed after enemy attack. RRR is vital in the Airfield Damage Repair (ADR) process.
• Aircraft Landing Mat (ALM) is an expedient runway in kit form that enables temporary airfields to be constructed quickly and easily.
• Helicopter Landing Mat (HLM) temporary helipad is suitable for a wide variety of rotary aircraft, designed to reduce brownout.
• UAV Landing Mat is designed to provide a smooth and mobile landing for any size or weight of UAV.
More information and brochures can be found at www.fauntrackway.co.uk
T. 0161 235 0304
T. 0161 235 0338