Col. Lewis was a United States Military Academy (West Point) graduate (1884) and spent twenty-five years in the United States Army assigned primarily to Coastal Artillery units. He was a keen inventor and received a number of patents for artillery rangefinders and other artillery related equipment. He also studied in Europe for several years learning about the armament industry. It was while in Europe that he discovered that America was at least ten years behind in artillery and small arms manufacturing – particularly machine guns….
Hot off The Press
- 50 years of IWA OutdoorClassics in Nuremberg
- Elbit America Wins $500m U.S. Marine Corps Night Vision Contract
- Blackhawk Awarded T-Series Holster Contract with Belgian Federal Police
- Army Publishes First Doctrinal Manual Dedicated to Data and Information
- Australia Awards $10.4M Contract for Ukraine Counter-Drone Tech to DroneShield