Up until the 1960s all machine guns manufactured in China were of foreign design. The first heavy machine gun to be produced in China was the 12.7mm Type 54, a straight-up copy of the Soviet DShKM 1938/46, made on Soviet machinery, using Soviet documentation and assistance. This weapon fired the 12.7x108mm round of Soviet origin, which was roughly similar in performance to the American .50 BMG round….
Hot off The Press
- Hypersonic Weapons: Truths and Myths
- [Interesting Engineering] The Austin Aerospace ASP: An Aerial, Belt-Fed Machine Gun Prototype in .30 Carbine from the 80’s
- DSA & NATSEC Asia 2024: A Gathering of Global Defense and Security Leaders for a Secure Tomorrow
- Show Report: DSEi 2023 Announcements from KAC, PGZ, and more
- 40 years in 40mm: An Interview with ARDEC’s Recently Retired Projectile Designer Art Pizza