Argentina was an early user of the Maxim and began by ordering 50 Maxims from the Maxim Nordenfelt Guns and Ammunition Company Limited in England in 1895. These first 50 guns were given Argentine Army serial numbers 1-50 and chambered in the 7.65×53 Belgium Mauser caliber. In 1898, a second order of the Model 1895 was placed with Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken (DWM), a licensed Maxim manufacturer in Germany, for another 150 guns still chambered for the Belgium Mauser 7.65×53 caliber. These guns were serially numbered 51-200.
Hot off The Press
- Army Publishes First Doctrinal Manual Dedicated to Data and Information
- Australia Awards $10.4M Contract for Ukraine Counter-Drone Tech to DroneShield
- Hypersonic Weapons: Truths and Myths
- [Interesting Engineering] The Austin Aerospace ASP: An Aerial, Belt-Fed Machine Gun Prototype in .30 Carbine from the 80’s
- DSA & NATSEC Asia 2024: A Gathering of Global Defense and Security Leaders for a Secure Tomorrow