The Russians still say that the 65 year old Avtomat Kalashnikova would soldier on for decades, yet they are painfully aware that it’s getting out of touch with modernity – despite numerous modernizations. That’s precisely why they created the AK-12, or 5th Generation Avtomat Kalashnikova, presented in January 2012. The AK-100 series successor wasn’t created overnight – the first models were already evaluated by 2009. The new rifle even got designated then as the AK-200 – but still arguments abounded whether that should be another modified 100-series rifle….
Hot off The Press
- 50 years of IWA OutdoorClassics in Nuremberg
- Elbit America Wins $500m U.S. Marine Corps Night Vision Contract
- Blackhawk Awarded T-Series Holster Contract with Belgian Federal Police
- Army Publishes First Doctrinal Manual Dedicated to Data and Information
- Australia Awards $10.4M Contract for Ukraine Counter-Drone Tech to DroneShield